Pieps Checker is an inexpensive tool that allows you to check any avalanche beacon whether it is transmitting or not. There is no longer a need to check others with your beacon then someone else to check yours. The Checker makes this procedure very easy and even if you are starting your day alone you can still check your beacon, which was not possible before unless you had a second beacon with you.
Pieps Checker is for everyone. The convenience it provides at such a price makes it suitable for all user groups. But definitely, it will be mostly appreciated by professionals that always have to follow the protocol of checking all beacons before leaving in the morning.
Pieps Checker has a maximum range of one meter to check any avalanche beacon whether it is transmitting or not. Of course, it can be used for a self check too in case you are leaving a safe place alone.
The Checker is as small as your car alarm remote and weighs only 19g including its internal battery, which is good for up to 100 hours of checking. The device uses power only when you press a button to check someone’s beacon and that’s why it can last so long.
You can wear the Checker around your neck or simply carry it in your pocket.
It provides a very convenient way for a routine yet important procedure that gets overlooked all the time.
- Avalanche beacon type: checks any beacon whether digital or analogue
- Search user feedback: beeps
- Multiple burials: non applicable
- Marking (flagging) function: non applicable
- No. of antennas: non applicable
- Maximum range: 100 cm
- Search lane width: non applicable
- Additional features: checks whether a beacon transmits
- Carrying system: neck strap, or just carry in your pocket
- Battery life: 100h
- Battery type: internal Li-ion battery
- Dimensions: 51 x 35 x 17 mm
- Weight: 19g including battery
- Warranty: 5 years