Ortovox 3+ avalanche beacon is a new addition to Ortovox beacon family. The 3+ brings a revolutionary feature into the market – intelligent position recognition. The beacon actively helps the buried victim to be found by transmitting its signal on an antenna that is most optimally positioned to send the strongest signal for the searching beacons to find it.
Ortovox 3+ beacon is suitable for all user levels. Its ease of use is apparent at the very first glance. Novice and less experienced users should benefit from this avalanche beacon the most by being able to search quite effectively “right out of the box”. Also, this is a suitable for rental purposes or recreational operations.
The Ortovox 3+ is the first avalanche beacon in the world that participates in the search even if it is the beacon being searched for. Smart Antenna technology analysis the position of the beacon antennas of the buried 3+ unit. Then automatically switches to the most optimal transmission antenna making it easier for other beacons to find it.
Ortovox 3+ has a simple interface and clear controls – obvious marking button, quick send-to-search switch, and a circular LCD screen which is another first in the world in the avalanche beacon market.
Maximum range of the 3+ is up to 43m of circular range and its search lane width is up to 40m. These are comparable with any other beacon in its price range, however, they are obviously less than the higher priced beacons such as Ortovox S1, Pieps DSP, or Mammut Pulse.
In multiple burial scenarios you can take advantage of the Ortovox 3+ pinpoint circular function and its marking function.
Additional novelty features include the lighted LCD screen for night searching, and the whole beacon has a rubberized housing making it slip-proof and offering better damage protection.
- Avalanche beacon type: digital
- Search user feedback: distance value, directional arrow, pinpoint function, beeps
- Multiple burials: displays number of buried victims, (3 and more)
- Marking (flagging) function: yes
- No. of antennas: 3
- Maximum range: circular up to 43m
- Search lane width: 40m
- Additional features: lighted display for night search, rubberized housing
- Carrying system: belt system with a bag, included with the beacon
- Battery life: around 250h in transmit mode
- Battery type: 1 x alkaline AA
- Dimensions: 73 x 122 x 27 mm
- Weight: 200g including batteries and carrying system
- Warranty: 5 years