Ortovox Grizzly I is the strongest short handle snow shovel currently on the market. Shaft and blade are from aluminum while the T-grip handle is from a stiff plastic. And the Grizzly I can be assembled in only one second thanks to its unique speed fold functionality.
Ortovox Grizzly I snow shovel is very compact and packs easily even into smaller packs which makes it suitable for off-piste riding, or when you want to bring only the essentials.
The Grizzly I is very stiff thanks to its aluminum shaft and blade. The shorter oval shaft helps too as there is no flex at all.
This snow shovel is super compact and stoves away easily. But its main benefit comes to play when every second is precious. The speed fold system allows you to assemble the shovel in no more than a single second. Just spin the handle, hear a “click” and start shoveling.
The handle also features sanded coating just above the scoop to enhance your grip wearing any gloves.
- Intended for: great for riding just of the lifts, or if needed to store in a small pack
- Shovel blade: aluminum
- Shovel shaft (material, shape): aluminum, oval
- Handle grip style: T-grip
- Length (overall, shaft folded): 55cm, 37cm
- Additional features: 90 degree chopping action (blade attached to handle makes a hoe)
- Blade (scoop) dimensions: 28 x 21 x 5 cm
- Weight: 590g